Pages

Thursday, July 29, 2010

Such a gift to be given this moment in time.
Without remorse we believe each day belongs to us.
Without thinking we injure our spirit by deadening our senses.
There is no way out once everything has collapsed upon itself.
We shut ourselves out to the beauty in the seconds.
We ignore the importance of the passing minutes.
We neglect each other for a few hours of ethereal pleasure.
Soon the days of inspiration turn into weeks of hardship.
Months may pass before we no longer are embarrassed.
Years will pass before forgiveness can be given.
Before internal redemption can be had.
Before love can rise out of the ashes.

In these pre-dawn moments I cannot help but have tears in my eyes.
I know I am loved and yet I still feel so alone.
I have achieved, I have succeeded, I have triumphed.
I have given, taken, loved, hated.
I have wanted, needed, denied and accepted.
I have found, lost, begun and ended.
I have hurt, injured, healed, repaired.
I have woken, slept, worked and rested.
I've spoken with my heart, I've lashed out with my emotions.
I've defended and attacked.
I have lived and died everyday.

There are too many reasons not to do the right thing, so why do I chose to be different?
There are many reasons to give up, and yet why do I hold my head high?
There are excuses to have and give, and yet I seek no comfort in false promises.
I have a dream I am chasing and no one to share it with.

How does one overcome so much personal failure to still be successful in the life he loves?
How does one gain the courage to be a light in the darkest of hours?
Who dares to fight until their body collapses and their breath gives out?
Who claws to write his own destiny and never be held back by those who have doubted day after day and year after year?

I do.

I don't expect you to follow my lead, and I don't want you to tame me. I want you to run with me, take the reigns and share them with me. I want you to be the one who shelters you from the evil sent our way. I want to be the one to raise you high when you feel at your lowest. I want to give you everything you've dreamed about and pined for, just to see you smile - pure and genuine. I'd do anything to have you be the person you should be, not the one that gets worn down by the grind and the stress and the bullshit.

I don't expect you to love me for who you think I am. I want you to love me for the person you haven't met yet.
We know so little of what lies ahead of us, unless we create our own destiny and fill the script with our words, fill the canvas with our brushstrokes.
We live lives far too short to waste any moment that could be consumed by beauty.
Beauty that never needs to be seen by the eye or perceived by the beholder.

Beauty that may be oblivious to those enraptured by it, but beheld by all those around who can sense and appreciate what a fleeting moment of perfection this scene may be.
I'll do anything to see you smile, because thats when you look your best.
There is so much radiance that we fail to observe and adore. There are too many times where we don't see the shining spirit inside of us enough to release its power unto the world.

We hid behind our prejudices, our preconceptions, our fears and our failures.

We should embrace each challenge and learn as much as we can about those around us and who have come before us.

I'll always be here for you.
I'll always support you.
I'll always be by your side.
I'll always smile when I see you.
I'll always be the rock to give you strength, the arms to hold you tight, the shoulder to cry your pains away, the wind kissing your checks when I'm not around.

I will never abandon you

No comments: