Pages

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Every relationship is defined by moments. Between friends, between family, between lovers, between strangers. Moments that will either divide and tear the relationship apart, or fuse and bring the two people involved that much closer. But the effects may not necessarily be felt or realized or even recognized right away. It's the little things that arise in the absence of treading that ground again, of coming back to that moment that remind you or inspire you to remember how amazing or asinine that person is. Love is a serious of deeply intense moments, much like hate, but its easier to hate someone than love them. Love takes sacrifice and compromise, heartache and pleasure, and a lot of hard work to be successful.

How do you know when you've had a moment? Strangely enough, most times you won't know. The moment, the fleeting, ethereal, singular moment will have passed and neither person will have seen it, or felt it until it has long passed. Then you will look back on that moment and suddenly realized that a connection was made - the moment happened. Some people are able to know and appreciate a moment when it happens, or immediately following it.
I believe I am that type of person, I believe I have that gift.

It is a beautiful gift that is so difficult to explain and so hard to appreciate because it can be both beneficial and terrible at the same time. I remember some of the most embarrassing moments of my life, even from a young age, and I remember many of the most amazing and inspiring moments of my life, and those serve as fuel and reminder to my path and destination.


No comments: